As the T20I series against Sri Lanka is going on, every cricket fan is busy watching the thrilling T20I series. Meanwhile, the Maharashtra Cricketer, Shreyas Iyer, was busy finding an empty cricket ground to practice. 

Lately, in an interview with Times of India, The Indian International Cricketer, Shreyas Iyer, talked about how he coped with the criticism and refined his skills, called his playmates, Ashwin and Axar Patel, and all-rounder.

The cricketer was asked if it feels Strange to him that an international match is happening in Mumbai and one of India's young white ball stars is not featuring in it. 

It doesn't feel strange to me. Honestly, we have just returned from an exhausting series, and many people who played in the test in Bangladesh are not there in the T20I team for Sri Lanka. I've been on the run for a long time and wanted to rest And cherish the victory with family and friends. I'm glad to get the opportunity to do it and celebrate as I prepare for the ODIS. 

When he was further asked, With the Ranji trophy match between Mumbai and Tamil Nadu happening at the Brabourne And the T20I game happening at Wankhede, You were forced to train in Thane…
 
To which the batter replied with a little laugh, "There was no other ground to practice. We had some bowlers there. The wicket was not that great, but at least I got a chance to Bat."

We are still high on what happened in Mirpur on Christmas Day. Tell us what transpired between you and Ashwin once he walked in.

I was already there, but I was dejected when I saw Axar getting out. I realized how tough things would be. I saw Ashwin walking confidently, and he gave me a fist bump and said, "we'll do it, machi, don't worry." I'll always love Ashwin's confidence. Whenever he comes in, he starts off with a Bang. The 1st ball he faces. It's from the middle of his bat. From the other end, you derive confidence from his approach. He sucks experience and is one of the best readers of the game. We have also batted together in the ipl for Delhi capitals. There was a game against Mumbai Indians in Sharjah where we were in trouble, and he came in and started off confidently.

Ashwin, on his beauty channel, said that he advised him to defend with intent after nominal dropped him at short leg. Why did you say that?

When you Defend with Intent, Your bat just plays the stroke seeing the length of the ball. In Mirpur, they had to keep the field deep, and once you defend with intent, the singles become available. 

Further, When Iyer was asked about his position no. Going down as a batter, the cricketer had the best reply. 

Have you ever batted as low as number 8 before? 

"I batted at no. Seven on my Ranji Debut. Never lower than that. I didn't know that I was going to bat at no.8, and it worked out. I just wanted to go out and bat and did not think about the position. I just have one aim to win the game for the team," Iyer said. 

The cricketer was also asked about the unfortunate accident of Rishab Pant. 

When did you learn of Rishabh's car accident? 

I got a message from friends and was devastated. Especially when I saw the pictures. I'm just glad that he's safe now. I hope he recovers fast so I can play with him soon.