Indian Premier League



Often, cricketers become millionaires overnight during the Indian Premier League auction. We saw stories of emerging youngsters getting big deals, but we also saw veteran stars attracting only a few bids. At the Kochi auction on Friday, Indian pacer Sandeep Sharma did not get even one bid from a franchise.

Sandeep told Cricket.com. That "I don't know why I went unsold. I've done well whichever team I had played for and genuinely thought some team would bid for me. In domestic cricket, I have been performing well. In the Ranji Trophy last round, I took seven wickets. I did so well in Syed Mushtaq Ali."

When it comes to wickets per innings ratio, Sandeep Sharma ranks at the No. 7 spot in the all-time list, with 1.09 wickets per innings to his credit. However, he found no takers in the Indian Premier League 2023 auction.

Sandeep Sharma said, "I have always strived to be consistent in my bowling. And that's the only thing in my hands. I can't control selection or non-selection. If a chance comes, then good, or I must keep doing good work."

While Sandeep, who set a base price of INR 50 lakhs, did not receive a bid from any of the ten franchises at the auction, he could still play as an injury replacement in the Indian Premier League. Due to the dynamics of the T20, injuries to players are expected. Sandeep, with his talent and experience, could be a great candidate for replacement if the need arises.